Dr. Park earned his PhD in 2003 from the Department of Chemical Engineering at Yonsei University in South Korea . He has done postdoctoral research at MIT, Cornell University, and Georgia Tech before joining the University of Pittsburgh to extend his research area to ocular drug delivery and nerve regeneration.
- March 2008: Postdoctoral Fellow, Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh
- Oct 2005: Postdoctoral Associate, Materials Science and Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- October 2004: Postdoctoral Fellow, Chemistry, MIT, Cambridge, MA
- 2010: OTERO (Ocular Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Ophthalmology) Postdoctoral Fellowship funded by Louis J. Fox Center for Vision Restoration
- 2004: KOSEF (Korean Science and Engineering Foundation) Postdoctoral Scholar
- 2000: Academic Scholar for Best Graduate Student
- "A functionalizable reverse thermal gel based on a polyurethane /PEG block copolymer", Daewon Park, Wei Wu, Yadong Wang, Biomaterials, 2010, accepted.
- "Amphiphilic Surface Active Triblock Copolymers with Mixed Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Side Chains for Tuned Marine Fouling-Release Properties", Daewon Park, Craig J. Weinman, John A. Finlay, Benjamin R. Fletcher, Marvin Y. Paik, Harihara S. Sundaram, Michael D. Dimitriou, Karen E. Sohn, Maureen E. Callow, James A. Callow, Dale L. Handlin, Carl L. Willis, Daniel A. Fischer, Edward J. Kramer and Christopher K. Ober, Langmuir, 26:9772-9781,2010.
- "Antimicrobial Behavior of Semifluorinated-Quaternized Triblock Copolymers against Airborne and Marine Microorganisms", Park D, Finlay JA, Ward RJ, Weinman CJ, Krishnan S, Paik M, Sohn KE, Callow ME, Callow JA, Handlin DL, Willis CL, Fischer DA, Angert ER, Kramer EJ, Ober CK, ACS Appl Mater & Interf, 2:703-711, 2010.
- "ABC Triblock Surface Active Block Copolymer with Grafted Ethoxylated Fluoroalkyl Amphiphilic Side Chains for Marine Antifouling/Fouling-Release Applications", Craig J. Weinman, John A. Finlay, Daewon Park, Marvin Y. Paik, Sitaraman Krishnan, Harihara S. Sundaram, Michael Dimitriou, Karen E. Sohn, Maureen E. Callow, James A. Callow, Dale L. Handlin, Carl L. Willis, Edward J. Kramer, and Christopher K. Ober, Langmuir, 25:12266-12274, 2009.